Ryan Anderson has been carving for 12 years now, starting at a young age when he was introduced to the chainsaw carving world by training with Tracy Breitenfeild. He entered his first competition in 2005 and was immediately hooked.
Since Graduating high school in 2007, Ryan has carved full time. He has been living in northern California carving under Mark Colp and has accomplished many of his carving goals. He won first place in the semi pro in 2008, moving him to the pro division. In 2009, at the age of 20, he was asked to represent Husqvarna. In 2010 he swept his first competition in Milton Freewater, Oregon, taking peoples choice, first place main piece, and first all three days of the quick carve.
In 2011 he was invited to carve over in England and represent the United states along with other American carvers. He took second place at the English open and third place the following year. In 2012 Ryan also had part in the TV Series SAW DOGS.
His most recent achievements are:
- 2015 Reedsport, Ore.: Fifth overall and people’s choice, second overall quick-carve
- 2015 Hope, BC: second overall
- 2016 Yreka, Calif.: Fourth place overall
- 2016 Reedsport, Ore.: Fourth place overall, people’s choice
- 2016 Sedro Woolley, Wash.: Fourth place overall, people’s choice
- 2017 Reedsport, Ore…..: Third place, people’s choice, carver’s choice
- 2017 Sedro Woolley, Wash.: Third place overall, people’s choice
Now Ryan has his eyes set for Montana, knowing the amazing carvers he will be up against. Han credits his success to many carvers, family, and friends over the years, the people who inspire and guide him along the way.